Tangle Relax Therapy

I was looking for something small and quiet to discretely fiddle with in college classes and other public settings.

I initially ordered the brightly primary colored textured tangle, which was much largely and I ended up giving to my 2 year old niece.

This item was much more what I was looking for, it has a very smooth movement and can be easily spun and twisted through the fingers on one or both hands (I'm a 23 year old woman with fairly petite hands).

The rubberized covering makes this easy to handle for long periods without hurting the hands, since the toy has some give to the surface.

The bumps are a little bit rough, but it's not a huge deal. The toy is small enough to be easily tucked into a standard pocket and to be inconspicuously handled under a desk or at your side.

If you're looking for a option suitable for younger kids or autistic or ADHD kids, you're likely better off going with one of the larger models, as this one is more for fine motor manipulation and adults.

UPDATE 4/30/13:

The tangle is still working great for me even after heavy use. It does pop apart from time to time but goes back together well.

There is some discoloration of the rubbery parts due to handling and things like lotions on my hands and such and one base plastic section did actually snap under a particularly heavy grip, but the break doesn't affect the functionality much and the gummy portion is still unharmed.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the durability.